Turn your Sensors into Smart Systems
Precision Process Control Systems – comprised of sensors connected to highly accurate, power supply-metering instrumentation – are a critical component of industrial process automation applications. Depending on the specific type of sensor, these systems have the ability to measure, monitor, and control real-time data on flow rates, temperature, pressure, and other parameters, and then communicate this data to a central system for monitoring and data analysis.
1. Precision Process Control Systems (PPCS) provide accurate and reliable measurements of flow rates, for example, helping to ensure efficient use of resources.
2. By providing real-time data, Precision Process Control Systems allow operators to quickly identify and troubleshoot any issues that arise during a manufacturing or R&D process, thereby reducing downtime and improving overall production efficiency.
3. Precision Process Control Systems can be integrated with other systems and software, such as SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) or MES (Manufacturing Execution System), to provide a comprehensive view of production processes, further improving efficiency.
4. With features such as remote monitoring and control, PPCS can help streamline maintenance and reduce the need for manual intervention, saving time and resources.
5. By improving production efficiency and reducing waste, PPCS can help businesses achieve their sustainability goals while also improving their bottom line.
An essential component of industrial process automation is the combination of system sensors with power supply, metering, and control instrumentation. A subset of today’s sensors exhibits limited “smart” capabilities that allow real-time data to be collected and transmitted to a central database. The inherent limitations of these sensors include 1) reduced selection options, 2) increased expense compared with standard sensor types, 3) requires more calibration services to ensure data integrity, 4) and, if networked, “smart” sensors can present security vulnerabilities.
However, when you combine a readily available, standard sensor with a highly accurate Power Supply, Readout Controller like the Florite 990X or 991R microcomputer-based controllers you can turn a standard sensor into something much smarter.
This powerful combination of sensor and controller has revolutionized how industries monitor their flow processes:
- Organizations are now able to optimize their processes, reduce inefficiencies, and cut down on operational costs.
- System anomalies can be detected, and operators alerted, which helps prevent equipment failure and reduces downtime.
- Companies can gather real-time data and insights, automate processes, and optimize operations, resulting in improved efficiency and productivity.
- Seamless communication between devices and systems enables businesses to monitor and control their operations from remote locations.
- Businesses can better respond to changes in market demand, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce costs.
The bottom line is that standard sensors can be turned into smart systems. Businesses that invest in precision process control systems – which integrate advanced sensing and communication technologies – will stay competitive in today’s fast-paced and interconnected world. Take control of your process control systems today. Discover how your current applications can benefit from adding Florite’s 990X or 991R universal process controllers to your manufacturing processes. It’s the smart decision.
Case Study – Follow this link to see the Florite 990X in action.
The iStorm-C Water Treatment System uses the Florite 990X Process Controller to monitor the influent and effluent water streams for flow, pressure, water conductivity levels, and pump control. This allows operators to easily determine when filters need to be changed and totalizes the volume of water in liters that have been treated.